APRIL 2017 MEETING #2

April 2017 Meeting #2

UWANIME CLUB

UWANIME COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES FOR MEETING 11

Location:                   UWAnime Clubroom

Date:                           18th April 2017

Present:                    Chris (President), Regan(Vice President), Lawrence(Treasurer), Paulus (Secretary), Bryan (OCM), Kayla (OCM), Lachlan (OCM), Matt (OCM), Zak (OCM)

Late:                            N/A

Apologies:                N/A

Absent (No Apologies Received): N/A

Observers: Keila

Meeting Commenced: 10.01 am

  1. UPDATE ON ACTIONABLE ITEMS

AC2 – Meeting 3: Manga reviews are still pending. Will carry over to Meeting 12 for any other changes.

AC1 – Meeting 8: Legislation of Fresher Rep Clause will occur during a general meeting but changes will be discussed today. See Section 5.6.

AC10 – Meeting 8: The budget for the Studio Ghibli poster is $40.

Vote for: Unanimous.
Vote Passed.

Actionable Item 1: Regan is to purchase the frames and the hooks for the Studio Ghibli.

AC1 – Meeting 9: The decision of the badges will be discussed today. See Section 5.7.

AC2 – Meeting 9: Repair is pending and will occur today after the meeting. Results will carry over to Meeting 12.

AC13 – Meeting 9: Lawrence has recruited Lachlan, Zak and Matt to assist in the smash tournament.

AC16 – Meeting 9: Subscription renewal pending. Will carry over to Meeting 12.

AC18 – Meeting 9: New event types will be discussed today. See Section 3.

AC19 – Meeting 9: Maintenance manual is still being edited and formatted by Chris. Will carry over to Meeting 12.

AC20 – Meeting 9: Recording the bin bag size still pending. Will carry over to Meeting 12.

AC1 – Meeting 10: Regan has framed the Mono-Tama poster.

AC2 – Meeting 10: Paulus has checked the details regarding the badge making machine and it was decided that using it was too expensive.

AC3 – Meeting 10: Curtis was asked to assist in the “A Silent Voice” screening on the 6th of April.

AC4 – Meeting 10: Lachlan has submitted a poster for the screening. He also had to submit an emp for the screening.

AC5-8 – Meeting 10: Smash tournament will be discussed during the meeting. See Section 2.2.

AC9 – Meeting 10: The committee has not reached out to any potential people for the panel event as of yet.

AC10 & 15– Meeting 10: Chris didn’t need to submit an emp for the marathon as it is an informal event.

AC11 – Meeting 10: Chris will contact Wagaya on the 20th of April.

AC12 – Meeting 10: Lawrence has provided the committee a financial standing of the club.

Actionable Item 2: Lawrence is to send the document regarding the financial standing of the club to the committee.

AC13 – Meeting 10: Chris is still writing portfolios in the by-laws. Will carry over to Meeting 12.

AC14 – Meeting 10: Paulus has set up the google docs.

AC16 – Meeting 10: Chris has talked to the other clubs and it seems that the collab event will be our own event.

AC17 – Meeting 10: Chris will be helping Matt on the BBQ.

AC18 – Meeting 10: Paulus will be managing the Fortnightly screening on the 11th of August.

AC19 – Meeting 10: All committee members have e-mailed their timetable to Chris.

AC20 – Meeting 10: The manga library has been checked.

AC21 – Meeting 10: Percentages for optimisation will be discussed during the meeting. See Section 5.2.

AC22 – Meeting 10: Lawrence has made the google spreadsheet.

AC23 – Meeting 10: Paulus has set up the google doc.

AC24 – Meeting 10: Regan has made a sketch up of the convention set-up.

AC25 – Meeting 10: Chris has pinned the discord link to the group description.

2. EVENT PLANNING

  1. MARATHON – 20th of April

Chris is managing the event and outlines the detail. Lawrence informs Chris that he should pin the post on the facebook group.

Actionable Item 3: Chris will pin the marathon post on the facebook group.

2. SMASH TOURNAMENT – 28th of April

Lawrence outlines the details for the smash tournament. The prizes were also discussed by the committee.

Actionable Item 4: Lawrence is to obtain the prizes.

Actionable Item 5: Lawrence is to label the Wii U equipment.

3. COLLAB EVENT – 5th of May

Chris details that there isn’t another club for the collaboration event and instead, the event will be one of the club’s usual event or a mah-jong tournament. Chris, Matt and Lawrence will be managing the event.

Actionable Item 6: Chris, Matt or Lawrence will need to submit an emp for the event.

Actionable Item 7: Chris, Matt or Lawrence will need to submit the poster for the event.

4. FORTNIGHTLY SCREENING – 12th of May

Bryan is managing the screening. He has to submit the poster for the screening.

Actionable Item 8: Bryan is to submit the poster for his screening.

  1. SUPANOVA

Chris details the cost for attending Supanova. The committee agree that the club can’t afford the cost for attending Supanova.

  1. TOKYO ALLEY

Chris details Tokyo Alley. Chris and Zak will be attending.

3. EVENT BRAINSTORM

  1. SPORTS EVENTS:

Regan details the possible sports events. A dodgeball event will be organised shortly.

Actionable Item 9: Regan is to plan the event.

Actionable Item 10: Regan is to submit a medium emp for the event.

  1. GAMES WITH MEMBERS:

Regan details the event. The committee agree that the games with member event will be an informal event.

  1. GUNDAM WORKSHOP EVENT:

Chris details the Gundam Workshop. He asks Regan to help set up a Gundam Workshop.

Actionable Item 11: Chris will explore options for a potential Gundam Workshop.

Actionable Item 12: Regan will ask sponsors regarding a potential Gundam Workshop event.

4. GUIDELINES

The following guidelines were discussed by committee. They are still a work in progress.

COMMITTEE CODE OF CONDUCT:

Chris reads out the current committee code of conduct. The committee then discusses any changes or additions to the current code.

MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT:

Chris reads out the current member code of conduct. The committee then discusses any changes or additions to the current code.

ONLINE GUIDELINES:

Chris reads out the current online guidelines. The committee then discusses any changes or additions to the current code.

RENTAL RULES FOR MANGA/ANIME LIBRARY:

Lawrence reads out the current rental rules. The committee then discusses any changes or additions to the current code.

Actionable Item 13: The committee is to work on all the guidelines.

5. MISCELLANEOUS

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: The next meeting date will be decided on a future date. It will most likely be held in May.

Actionable Item 14: Chris will decide a meeting date for the next meeting.

  1. SALE OPTIMISATION/INVENTORY:

Inventory: No missing items in the anime and manga library.

Food and Drinks: Lawrence details the sale optimisations based on the data he has recorded. The optimisations were also discussed by the committee. A sub-committee was assembled to implement the optimisations. The sub-committee will consist of Lawrence, Regan, Matt and Paulus. Kayla informs the committee that the members may not know where the snacks are.

Actionable Item 15: The committee is to reposition and label the food storage.

  1. WEEKLY REVIEWS:

The reviews have been going on as per usual.

  1. CONVENTION BUDGET:

Kayla informs the committee that the table in the budget is no longer for sale. She has found an alternate table which costs $30 extra. It cost will still be within budget.

Actionable Item 16: Kayla is to obtain the money to purchase the items after the meeting.

Actionable Item 17: Kayla is to purchase the items.

  1. DVDs:

The DVDs will be left as they are. The ones still in plastic may be used as a prize.

  1. FRESHER REP CLAUSE

Chris details the main responsibilities of the fresher representor. The committee agrees that there is no reason to elect a fresher rep.

  1. Badges

The committee agree that the badges will be created after the mascot is finalised.

  1. GENERAL BUSINESS:

Before leaving the air freshener must be turned off and vacuuming must be done.

Curtains will be bought during the semester break.

Kayla will construct a budget for pillows

Actionable Item 18: Kayla must construct a budget for pillows.

 
Meeting ends 12:39am