UWANIME COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES FOR MEETING 3
Location:Loft of Cameron Hall
Date:19th January 2016
Present: Azman (President and Chair), Regan (Vice President), Lawrence (Treasurer), Matthew (OCM), Zak (OCM), Bryan (OCM), Lachlan (OCM), Paulus (OCM),
Absent (No Apologies Received): N/A
Meeting Commenced: 10.13 am
Nothing urgent. Meeting place is in the loft as the UWAnime Clubroom is currently under renovations and not suited to a meeting environment. Once clubroom is ready, future meetings will be held there as per usual.
- UPDATE/PROGRESS ON RENOVATION
Renovations planning was presented by Regan Tan.
Plastering has been completed, with thanks to Lachlan. Windows were under budgeted by Regan, but will be able to complete the window repairs by the evening of the 19th January. Painting will start on the 20th. Window handles have been replaced. Chris has bought $123 of painting supplies. Next week $1000 will need to be withdrawn for painting and carpeting in the club. Regan directs Lawrence to apply for an SPG. Regan also forwards that the curtains will be installed after this section of renovations.
Azman says we should catalog all items in the club after the renovations have been completed.
ACTIONABLE ITEM 1: Continue with Renovations – Regan
- ACTION POINTS FROM MEETING 2 IN DECEMBER 2016
Reviews: Zak will continue reviews and will try to improve prose and tone in review diction. A/B testing will be undertaken to increase viewership. Matt states that single line summaries for the new season anime. Zak says that a subreddit could be developed for reviews, however, Azman counterpoints that Reddit will be more difficult to moderate with all the mediums we already have.
Cards: Bryan presents the sample cards for the club, and the committee will continue the work Bryan has completed.
Financials: Lawrence has only got the 2016 financial details, and has not delivered the 2015 or earlier financial details from December. Lawrence will be conducting a bi-annually Financial report for the club.
Lost and Found: Paulus tells us that most of the Lost and Found has been claimed with the exception of 1 item.
ACTIONABLE ITEM 2: A/B Testing for Reviews – Zak
ACTIONABLE ITEM 3: Sample cards to start production by the end of January – Bryan
ACTIONABLE ITEM 4: Templates to be prepared for the bi-annual report – Lawrence
- OVERVIEW OF SPONSORSHIP EXPANSION PLAN PROGRESS
Azman presents the results of the Sponsor Run. Our current sponsors gave positive feedback with the addition of a prospectus developed by Chris. This will consolidate a four report standard to all our sponsors. Also, new sponsors gave us positive feedback, and the club looks forward to working with new and old sponsors with O-Day and beyond. The Expansion project remains in progress, with more sponsors to be contacted.
Chris went down to ECU Joondalup to meet POWA, and their committee expresses a strong interest with working collaboratively in the near future.
ACTIONABLE ITEM 5:Chris and Azman will continue the Expansion project until its conclusion
- TOSCHE COLLECTORS FAIR
Chris, Matt and Zak will be in charge of the Tosche Stall and will collaborate between now and the event on the 5th of February.
- CAMERON HALL UNCHARITY EVENT
Azman outlines that UWAnime will be present at the Uncharity event. Lawrence will buy the Karaoke subscription for the night. Regan and Azman will manage the event.
ACTIONABLE ITEM 5:Lawrence will buy the subscription for the karaoke event.
- MARKETING AND O-DAY PREP
Chris was not present at the meeting to announce the Marketing Strategies. He will report on it next meeting.
Next meeting: 11th February @ 10am and 18th February @ 10am.
IRC transition to Discord: IT’S HAPPENING!!!!
Meeting closes at 12.40pm. [Secretary finishes minutes on 21/01/17, late at night, and will probably be going back to watch House M.D.]